Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day One

This is the beginning of the chronicles of my garden.  I don't fancy myself as much of a writer or a gardener for that matter but a friend suggested starting a gardening blog and I thought it was a great idea.    We've lived in our home for 6 1/2 years now and have finally gotten the funds and desire to improve the back yard.  Our yard is larger than a standard neighborhood lot so it offers many opportunities for someone with the creative ideas.  I just don't happen to be that person.  But this year, a coworker was talking about growing all her own vegetables and I thought it was a great idea.  Thus the gardening bug was born into my heart.  I have great dreams of a lush garden that will nourish my family.  But I also realize this is my first go at it and it's not going to be perfect.  In the past, I've grown tomatoes and cucumbers in raised containers with fair results.  For the most part, the problem was my busy life.  I just couldn't seem to remember to water regularly.  And everyone knows what sort of results that will yield.  

But this year will be different.  I have two little helpers -- my daughters.  They are now old enough to remind me to water and/or water themselves.  Additionally, my DH created an irrigation system of sorts for this years' garden.   I will post photos as soon as I figure out how to do that.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to pictures of your garden! We are in a similar spot with having a few years living in the hosue before really starting to play with the backyard. What a task! :) As for the pictures - when you are writing (or editing) your post, see if there is an icon for "image" on top of the box you are writing in and click that to prompt you to upload the pictures. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete